TAVERN ON THE GREEN SIGNATURE RECIPES
Bring the magic of Tavern on the Green home with delicious recipes you and your family will savor even more by doing some good for a child.National Center for Missing & Exploited Children
Autumn Fig Stuffed Bell Peppers
Total: 1 hour
Active: 15 minutes
Makes: 4 servings
Secret ingredient, Tavern on the Green Autumn Fig Balsamic VinegarBuy Now
Old Country flavor with a twist of autumn.
You will need:
- 4 large bell peppers, able to stand
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced or mashed
- 2 onions, diced
- 4 T fresh basil, finely chopped
- 16 large Green olives, sliced
- ¼ T dried dill
- ½ cup Italian style breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Tavern on the Green Autumn Fig Balsamic Vinegar
- Core bell peppers and remove white stem and seeds. Broil until skin blisters and can be easily removed. Lightly salt interior of peppers.
- Mix ground beef with the remaining ingredients. Salt and pepper to taste. Splash Tavern on the Green Autumn Fig Balsamic Vinegar over mixture and knead again.
- Stuff bell peppers with the ground beef mixture until it mounds just above the level of the pepper opening.
- Here's the real secret… take the bottle of Tavern on the Green Autumn Fig Balsamic Vinegar and douse the meat mixture with the vinegar. Let it pour over the beef and fill up the space between the ground beef and the bell peppers.
- Place the peppers in an oven proof dish with water or beef broth in the bottom… about 1" of liquid. Place in a pre-heated 350º F oven for 45 minutes. Add more liquid as needed. The flavor of the vinegar will add a subtle nuance to the whole experience.
Tavern on the Green exotic line of select quality marinades and flavored oils.
All-natural, savory marinades, flavored oils and basting sauces in the most popular ethnic flavors now join our family of unique Tavern on the Green brand products.Shop Now